Skip to main content
Question

Patreon compatibility?

• 28 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Does Manychat work with Patreon?

Yes, Patreon has a Zapier integration, so you could connect Manychat + Patreon via Zapier (and probably also through Make.com and direct API integration - although I have not checked).

But more importantly, what exactly do you want to achieve?

As in:

• If this happens in Manychat/Patreon
  • Then I want that to happen in Patreon/Manychat

Answering this and getting specific with the scenarios is necessary to check if connecting apps is possible or not.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your detailed reply. 

The "this”= Message received in my patreon creator inbox from a patron with the words “Kick Drum Sample Pack". 

The “that”
Step 1 = Auto Reply with "Hi, thanks for your interest”. Check your email address for an invitation to My Trello Board. 

Step 2 = Extract users email address, open Trello, add new member to Trello board, add new member to Trello card(s). 

Is this possible with Manychat? 

If the Trello part is too complex for many chat, then I would still be wanting an auto reply set up with Patreon, for simple things like an automated reply such as a welcome note and a question promting further manual engagement. 

Thanks for your time. 

Shayne

Hey @Shammie yes, I’m pretty sure this is possible! The only thing I’d have to check to be 100% sure is if Patreon has a trigger for new messages.

You’re going to have to create a new subscriber in Manychat through the API.

I suggest you use Make.com or Zapier to accomplish this.

And if you’re going to use one of these tools, then the Trello part should also be easy.

You’ll have to do some digging to find the documentation and setup the exact automation you need.

These types of integrations are right up my alley, so if you want to hire someone to do it for you or need some consulting to help you going, feel free to ping me.

Ok, thank you. That sounds promising. 

I have never set up an API before. 

I also would not know how to check if patreon has a trigger for new messages. 

Is there a youtibe tutorial that you are aware of that demonstrates how to "create a new subscriber in manychat throug hthe API"?

I wonder if any of this is possible without upgrading to manychat pro. My business is pretty small. 

I have experience setting up routing, automation and using logic in audio design, so I suspect I can get my head around this. But it might just be a matter of putting time aside to learn it. 

I would be curious how much it would cost to hire you as a consultant. I'll send a private message. Thanks. 

Hey @Shammie this is definitely not possible with Manychat free, you’ll need a PRO account.

And sure, let’s chat!