Skip to main content

I have a problem adding a bot to a private broadcast channel on Telegram. The issue is that the bot is added as an administrator with all the permissions, but it's unable to invoke the /start command in the broadcast channel chat.

I wanted to add my private bot to my private broadcast channel to create a whitelist for the bot.

Hey @Nooizer I’ve never tried it, but unless I’m mistaken, Manychat won’t work in channels and groups, it only works with 1-to-1 conversations between bots and user accounts.

What do I need to do to control access to this bot? So that only people approved by me have access to it?

Hey @Nooizer I’ve never tried it, but unless I’m mistaken, Manychat won’t work in channels and groups, it only works with 1-to-1 conversations between bots and user accounts.

Anybody can get access to the bot in Telegram.

But you can control access to the content using Tags + Conditions for example.

Okey, I have one last question about this. I used Tags + Conditions. If I type something in the chat, it works okay, but if I type /start, it bypasses the conditions and triggers the automation. Why

Anybody can get access to the bot in Telegram.

But you can control access to the content using Tags + Conditions for example.

You can’t stop the automation (especially if you have the default reply or a Welcome Message.

What you can do is protect the content, like this:

You can’t stop the automation (especially if you have the default reply or a Welcome Message.

What you can do is protect the content, like this:

It works! You are really helpful, thank you very much for your help