Skip to main content
Question

Question about list and optin

• 2 September 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

i have question about process for list creation and optin.

Someone explained me than to make a list, i create a sequence, and after that, in my flow, i connect my sequence and create my optin.

I would like to verify with you if the process is correct or not, because i have double doubt : 

- My first doubt is about the process to create my list, because i don't understand why the woman advice me to create a sequence to make my list.

- My second doubt is about the collect of my optin, because there is the option

"Subscription List / Messenger List / Subscription Lists allow to send messages after 24-hour window. Learn more in Manychat setting messenger"

But the woman told me it's not necessary to use it, i can make like i do.

So, for this 2 reasons, i appreciate if you can confirm me i respect all correctly.

I make a little video to show u what i do, it will more easy to confirm me if it's ok or not.

If u can not click on it, u can copy/paste it.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/31088384?key=a316daec74be791240c79f2688f42859

Thank u for your reply

Hey @Nico999 

Not sure who the woman is, but here's some documentation that may help: https://help.manychat.com/hc/en-us/articles/14281158573852-Messenger-List#:~:text=To%20use%20the%20Messenger%20List%20Topic%2C%20click%20on%20%E2%80%9Cinside%2024,active%20from%20the%20Sequences%20tab.

You'll need a subscription list, and if the messages you're sending are after 24 hours, then they'll have to optin.

Opting in to the Messenger List is a question of getting the users to click on a specific button, as explained on the documentation. Once they click, you have permission to send them messages.

Hello Gustavo, 

if u have check the video, i have a message in the flow to explain people i need their autorisation, and after the message, there is the button “ i want to be alert”…

DO u have watch the video ?

Yes, I saw it. That won't work. It has to be a specific Messenger List button as explained in the documentation I linked.