Skip to main content
Solved

Saving emails

• 30 August 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

My website is not up yet so I am trying to collect a VIP list prior to opening with a gift for those who put their names on the wait list. Because my website is not live can I save the email addresses to manychat? how do I do that? I have set up the flow but when I get to choosing the button I dont know what to choose, or should I be doing it another way. I have only just signed up to manychat in the last couple of hours.

Thanks, Lara.

Hi Lara,

Congratulations on your upcoming website! Don't worry—it's actually quite easy to collect a VIP list and save email addresses using ManyChat.

Here are the steps to get started:

1. Capture the Email: When creating the message that will collect the email address, use the "User Input" function. For the "Reply Type," select "Email." This will ensure you’re capturing the correct information from your users.

2. Send the Email Data to Google Sheets: Once you've captured the email, set up an action to "Update Row" in Google Sheets so you can store the information there. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in the ManyChat Help Center: https://help.manychat.com/hc/en-us/articles/14281248811292-Google-Sheets-Integration

3. Integrate with a CRM: If you use a CRM, you can also send the email information via an "External Request" using an API.

4. Send Emails from ManyChat Using Broadcasts: I recommend creating tags when you capture emails to identify and segment them easily. For example, you could create a tag called "VIP LIST." Once your website is live, you can send targeted email campaigns to your segmented list within ManyChat.

I hope this information helps! If you need further assistance, feel free to share a screenshot of your flow or let us know your questions.

Best regards,
Cata

Hi Cata, this is what I have, am I creating this in the wrong place?

Hi Cata,

I can see what you mean. I am using an Instagram post and saying comment (word) then they will give me their email. How do I get to the user input step from the edit button shown above.

Hi Cata,

I can see what you mean. I am using an Instagram post and saying comment (word) then they will give me their email. How do I get to the user input step from the edit button shown above.

You have to use the "User Input” option for that.

It collects what the contact sends as a message. And setting the reply type as email, it even checks if the email is in a valid format:

ah, thank you. i am on the free version for now, so i dont think that’s possible. Thanks for your help.

hi, i signed up for the 14 day trial but it says i cannot use user input with comments on posts or reels.

hi, i signed up for the 14 day trial but it says i cannot use user input with comments on posts or reels.

The first message for a Comment trigger MUST always be text anda Button or Quick Reply to a next message (wich can ask for an email).

Something like this: