Skip to main content
Solved

Send whatsapp message using API,

I need to send my customers a reminder from time to time via whatsapp. It has to go at a particular time on the date that they have chosen to attend a Masterclass I am conducting. I know that I can create an whatsapp contact via API and then trigger a flow to send a message but I want to send messages multiple times as reminder. What’s the best way to go about this case? If there’s an API call that can trigger a message or a particular flow then it would be helpful. The logic of the time of calling this API can be taken care of in my CRM. 

Example:- A customer registers for the workshop on Monday. I have to send him a reminder at 4:00 PM on Thursday. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My suggestion is to set a custom field with the date/time of the workshop, and them use that custom field to trigger the messages.

You can set the triggers X hours/days before or after the event.

I’ve done this setup multiple times for calendar events + reminders and follow up, it works great.

My suggestion is to set a custom field with the date/time of the workshop, and them use that custom field to trigger the messages.

You can set the triggers X hours/days before or after the event.

I’ve done this setup multiple times for calendar events + reminders and follow up, it works great.

But, for WhatsApp chats in manychat, you can only send messages within 24 hours since the user has last interacted. For sending message to users outside the 24-hour window, we need to use the WhatsApp broadcast feature. But, the broadcast has to be done manually, we cannot use an API for it. Am also stuck with this problem for my project. Any suggestions ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You don’t need to setup Broadcasts, what you need to setup is WhatsApp Message TEMPLATES.

And you can trigger these templates from any automation, it doesn’t have to be a Broadcast.

You don’t need to setup Broadcasts, what you need to setup is WhatsApp Message TEMPLATES.

And you can trigger these templates from any automation, it doesn’t have to be a Broadcast.

Thanks a lot. Figured it out. Was really helpful

Can you help me with the format of the api for sending custom fields. I can’t see that in the documentation on the website. I am sending the following in createsubscriber api. It doesn’t seem to work. The Email Trigger Date is the date field that you asked us to make it as a trigger date.

{

"first_name":"XYZ",

"whatsapp_phone":"91123456789",

"custom_fields":[{"name": "Message Trigger Date",

"value": "2024-03-25"}]

"tags":{"name":"Good Prospect"}

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need 2 (or 3) requests:

1. createSubscriber
  2. setCustomFields (this is where you set CUFs)
  3. addTag (this is where you tag the person)

Hi! Im not finding the option to send whatsapp message from automation with a template, could you provide more information please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@SupportRF this should help:

https://support.manychat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000317457-how-to-send-message-templates-outside-the-24-hour-window

Flows is not enable on my dashboard, im paying the pro plan, any reason why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's called Automations now, it's the same thing