Skip to main content

Hi everyone! 

Seeking help with sequences. Very new user here so hoping someone can lend me hand. 

I’ve set up a sequence and have roughly 200+ ‘subscribers’ which I manually subscribed. When I sent up a auto DM flow to drive people in our app, it's only fired out to 6 subscribers not all of them. I’ve set it up to send immediately, although still only sent to the 6 people. Can anyone let me know why it’s only going to such a small cohort? 

Thanks so much!   

Hey Bailey,  have all 200 subscribers interacted with your automation (chatbot) in the last 24 hours? If not, then they will not receive the sequence.

We are subject to Meta’s 24-hour rule which means that during the first 24 hours of initial contact (like an opt-in, button click, or sending a message) you can send messages to your contact using Manychat.

After that time, you can only send a message to someone if they have interacted with your bot in the last 24 hours.

This support article explains it: https://support.manychat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000301951-sending-messages-outside-of-the-24-hour-and-7-days-windows#Understanding-Meta's-24-hour-rule

A way around this is an Instagram DM List (which works like an email newsletter in the DMs) but this is currently in beta. Hope this helps you!