Skip to main content
Question

Sequnces not working

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Fellow ManyChatters

I am trying to set up a sequence for my coaching clients.

After a session they subscribe to the next sequence in their 12 week program.

I want my bot to give them inspiration through out the day (2-3 messages a day) 

I have created an automation with a few added smart delays - so it is all in one automation pr. day.

The client subscribes to a Messenger List and to the sequence - and all looks good - I think.

But nothing happens - that is - no message is sent to the client at least.

I can see in the chat with the client that the sequence is running, and the smart delay is triggered  - but no messages are coming through.

Any ideas, hits or input - maybe I am missing something the is preventing the messages to come through? 

Thank you dearly for your answers

Asger

Hey! It can be that messages are sent outside the 24-hour window. Please set the messages to “Outside 24 hour window” and select the correct Messenger List. 

Hey Joren

Thank you so much for your reply!

That makes sense. So do I need to have all my sequence messages set to “outside 24 hour window” - and appoint the list? - or just have a non-promo like “Post purchase” for the reason?

I am uncertain about the chain here:

I create a link for my clients to “get them started”. The subscribe to get updates (the list) and the are added to a sequence.

The messages in the sequence should be… outside the 24 hour window - AND appoint to the list - or just any of the non-promo reasons?

When I appoint a list an action step is created - why is that? is that the one I need to use? I find the logic a bit fuzzy here.

Thank you SO MUCH for your answers! 

Exactly, set it to outside “24-hour window” and add the list.

Don’t use any of the other non-promo reasons, because these do not apply in your case. If you want to know more about that, I wrote a tutorial about it: https://chatimize.com/facebook-messenger-policy/