Skip to main content

Hello ManyChat Community,

I hope you're all doing well!

I have a question regarding managing automations in ManyChat. I would like to know if there is a way to stop an automation after a specific date, even if a user is already in the middle of it. Essentially, I need to ensure that when a user clicks on any buttons in the flow after the set date, the automation either:

1. Displays a specific message indicating that the automation has ended, or
  2. Does nothing and prevents the flow from continuing.

Has anyone tackled this issue before, or can anyone offer some guidance on how to set this up? I’d really appreciate any advice or solutions you might have.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sara

You need conditions after every button. It’s a bunch of work but totally doable.

@Sara_Promosfera  Usually, I do it this way. I have a "Conditions Loop" flow. After each interaction, users go through this conditions flow. If they pass the condition, they proceed further; if not, they are redirected to a "stop" message. This method is useful not only for date and time-sensitive automation. If users restart the automation from the first step (opt-in), they will be redirected to the last step where they stopped earlier (I usually reset the user journey after one week). Take a look to the screenshoots below:

Flow with conditions

Flow with first question:

Flow with second question:

Flow with third question:

If the event has not ended, users go through:
(0) Opt-in message > (1) Conditions Loop > (2) Question 1 > (3) Conditions Loop > (4) Question 2 > (5) Conditions Loop > (6) Question 3 > (7) Conditions Loop > Final message.

If the event has ended, users go through:
(0) Opt-in message > (1) Conditions Loop > (2) Event has ended message.

If the event ends while users are somewhere in the middle of this automation, they will be redirected to the "Event has ended" message.

Thank you so much @Vadim Ciobanu for the detailed explanation! I really appreciate it. I will definitely try it the way you suggested. It seems like a very effective approach.