Skip to main content
Question

Sync between IG inbox and MC inbox

• 31 July 2024
  • 1 reply

My client has noticed that there is a significant lag time between when she responds to someone in her DMs directly in Instagram and when that message shows up in the Manychat inbox.

We are in the middle of a launch currently and I’m trying to help her manage messages, but it’s confusing (and awkward) that her responses to people aren’t displaying for hours.

Is there something to sync them faster?

Hi Christa!

ManyChat is definitely the fastest platform in the world when syncing messages between channels. Anyway, I’d recommend to double check on these two options:

Handover Protocol
This option is available at the Facebook Page settings, the one that is linked to your Instagram account, of course. If you go to Settings > Page Settings > Advance Messaging there you should be able to see the Handover Protocol section and select ManyChat to manage the Instagram channel.

3rd Party Messaging
This option must be activated in the mobile app of Instagram. There you must go to Settings > Message And Replies > Messages Control > Connected Tools There you should be able to activate the access of 3rd party tools (ManyChat) to handle the messages received.

This way you can ensure you have everything set up correctly. If delays persist, just open a ticket to bring this to the attention of the dev team. Best vibes!