Skip to main content

Hello Community! 

I have an issue like I have explained in the title. My bot won’t move to next step if I want a user to verify its phone number or email address, but on the other hand the First or Last name it’s working properly. 

So what happens is that it won’t move from Send Message #5 to Send Message #6.

Is it possible that is the problem because of “Fallback” field and how to solve that:

I have also tried adding {email} to text message and it won’t show it on preview, where could be that issue?

I’d love to get this sort out!

Thanks!

Is the email address configured for that user?

If it’s not set, it won’t be able to display anything - and it’s likely that the automation will do weird things.

To setup the email, you need to ask for it using a user input, and the user has to reply with it. It doesn’t automatically appear (or you can import or add it manually also).

Try adding a fallback value on the field. If you see the automation working with the value ‘NO EMAIL’ (as in my example), then you can confirm that the Email is missing and that’s causing the issue.

Is the email address configured for that user?

If it’s not set, it won’t be able to display anything - and it’s likely that the automation will do weird things.

To setup the email, you need to ask for it using a user input, and the user has to reply with it. It doesn’t automatically appear (or you can import or add it manually also).

Try adding a fallback value on the field. If you see the automation working with the value ‘NO EMAIL’ (as in my example), then you can confirm that the Email is missing and that’s causing the issue.

Hey, thanks for your reply. 

But how does the First and Last name can be automatically added but email or phone number can’t? When I have been building chatbots with Chatfuel it automatically added email or phone number from the user. So there is no way to simplify the user’s input like lead generation ads to users just one click to submit all the data?

Yes!

Just use the User Input, and set the field type to Email/Phone.

If the person has their email/phone on Facebook it will show the button for them to click and not have to type it.

First and Last name are given to you when the person subscribe, automatically.

Email and phone aren’t, and you have to ask for it.

This is how you do it in Manychat. :D