Skip to main content

Hey Team, 
i need to update the whatsapp_phone of user’s whos already subscribe to my Instagram account few mounts ago, but when i am trying to do that, i am getting a success but not really getting any number there.
This is the contact i want to update → as you can see she got an custom field of “phone” which i created as i ask her for the number later down the road but cant set is as phone as our customer dont really put the full national phone number which can cause us to lose leads for that.

So the first problem is that i cant set an “auto national number” as my customer will not write the full number of (+972) and they directly write there country number which start with 0.
the second problem is that the API to update that part is not really working.
and the third issue as that i cant seems to find the merge contact API as a workaround.
This is the API call that i use:

and this is the Server response that i get:

but nothing really happen.

What can i do about that?
right now, i need to create both instagram account and whatsapp account and then marge them → but there’s no api for that as well so i need to do it manually before sending the messages so i wont lose the whatsapp history messages.
Please help 🙂 !

Thanks in advanced,
Barak.

Hi, @Barak Patihi!

Manychat's API doesn't let you update an Contact with a WhatsApp ID. You can just create a new contact using createSubscriber.

ie.:

{
  "first_name": "Name",
  "last_name": "Last Name",
  "email": "name@email.com",
  "has_opt_in_email": true,
  "whatsapp_phone": "123456789000",
  "consent_phrase": "Gave permission via XXX"
}

To correct your collected phone numbers to the full international format, you'll need to use some automation/API tool to get those numbers from your contacts, make a script that inserts the country code to the numbers ande creates a new contact with the full number.

Hey @fgaulke,thanks for the replay.
Its not entirely true as you can merge them and then the WhatsApp ID get updated.
or if you ask the customer for he’s phone number you can select it as Whatsapp ID.

We just dont got proper access to it.
This is why i am reaching to the Admins here at manychat.

This is something that need to be address as it part of the Multichannel system that its not really working as you now got 2 accounts with the same details just so you can have Whatsapps and Instagram.