Skip to main content

Is there any way we could store URL payload to a custom field in the Whatsapp Bot. We currently have a similar feature for messenger where you can get a payload(user inputted value) along the messenger REF URL and save it to a custom field

I would like to know this aswell. Did a lot of searching but I can only find this feature in messenger automations.

I’ve send this question to the support staff too. If they answer me I will let you know.

You can’t because in Whatsapp the information comes as plain text, it’s not a hidden value in the URL.

You can do workarounds, such as set up a keyword with ‘starts with’ and then process the text that comes after it. However, the person will see the text that comes in the message, which will probably be a very bad user experience.

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually I could live with that concession. How would this be done exactly? If I try to put a ?name={name} in the whatsapp trigger cannot be saved. 

Or did I interpret your answer the wrong way?

You’ll have to create a keyword, with ‘starts with’, and set the URL manually.

Your URL would be something like:

“https://wa.me/<number>?text=name%20{name}”

And your keyword would be set to ‘starts with’ and keyword ‘name’.

Then you’d have to use an external tool to separate the ‘name Gustavo’ text that you’d get so you can pick up the person’s name.