Restaurant Chatbot Best Practices and Ideas

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would love to start a thread about best practices and cool things everyone is doing with Restaurants and ManyChat. I recently took on a Restaurant Group with 5 concepts and locations across many states. We are doing builds slightly different for each concept but overall I do have a core structure for my builds which include:

• Welcome message/quick start menu
  • Return menu flow (So when they come back they are greeted differently)
  • Info Capture: I like to capture email first followed by RN opt in then phone if needed by client. Giving the user a choice along the way. Generally we give a free appetizer or dessert after they sign up.
  • Restaurant Info can include: Mobile Friendly Menu, Reservations (generally connected to Open Table), Hours, Location, call button.

I do other things but this is the core. My favorite and most used growth tools:

• Comment Growth Tool
  • URL connected to a NFC
  • QR Code
  • Also keyword and mention triggers on IG

I have found that most of our restaurant concepts want to stay away from QR codes as they see them as “Old fashion” which I found funny. BUT they loved the NFC coupled with QR code method so we have pushed that out to most of the concepts. 

I would love to know what you all think about the QR code comments and if you have heard similar things. Here is the USA, depending on the state you are in, you might also here push back because people have politicized QR codes - Which I also found funny. But here we are. 

Thoughts? Questions? Let’s share and improve our Restaurant builds. 

1 reply

Do you also experience that QR codes and Ref Urls are not working Kelly? Have you worked out a work around?