Question

Buttons need to stop working after the question is answered.

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Buttons need to stop working after the question is answered.

I am new to ManyChat and am trying to migrate from SendPulse, which has been disappointing.

I am facing the following challenge: in a WhatsApp flow, I need to create multiple-choice buttons, like 'Yes' or 'No'.

However, after the user selects one of these buttons, such as 'Yes', the flow moves on to the next question which will present 'First' or 'Second' buttons. I need to ensure that the user cannot press the buttons from the previous question, 'Yes' or 'No'.

Could someone please tell me how to do this without having to do programming using variables?"

I mean, is there an existing function like the 'Multiple Choice' shown in the article at https://support.manychat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000003046-user-input-and-custom-fields#reply_types under the 'How does it work?' section?

This support page seems to be completely outdated.

1 reply

I don't think you will have this option. My suggestion is to create a tag for each question, when the user responds, apply the tag. If he later clicks on previous questions, he sets a condition, and if he already has the tag, he follows another path.