Skip to main content

I already posted a video last night for an email type giveaway. I created the automation where they comment a word and I send them the link to enter their email to their DM.

the email link stopped working for about an hour last night due to the number of responses and I’d like to send a follow up DM to everyone who has commented with the link again in case they had trouble.

is it possible to add this to my flow that’s already been published and the follow up will be sent to everyone and not just new entries?

thanks!

Hi, @Stephpolished!

Sadly, no… 😓

When you change the automation, it only applies for new triggers after the changes. 

But you can set a Tag to the contacts that didn't receive the email and send a Broadcast to them (if they still are in the 24h window).

I've made a short video showing how to do that: https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t3063724/52170968-69f6-400e-bd39-b647a9d3302b/Send%20Broadcast%20-%2024h%20Window%20-%20Instagram.webm.webm

Hope it helps! 

Thank you! Is there a way to target just those who commented on that one video?

Thank you! Is there a way to target just those who commented on that one video?

If you open the “view” page of the automation, you can easily click on the totals of the stats to open a list of contacts and the option to Tag them:

This also works if you click on the total interactions with any element of the automation (in case you just want to select those that got to some specific point of the automation. 😉

Okay, what do I do after I hit tag? It’s asking me if I’m sure but I haven’t created the message yet. Sorry for all the questions, just not sure how this works lol

Okay, what do I do after I hit tag? It’s asking me if I’m sure but I haven’t created the message yet. Sorry for all the questions, just not sure how this works lol

No problem! 😁😉

At this point, setting a tag to the contacts does nothing. You can ad it without consequences 😅

This will be the tag that you filter as a condition on the broadcast (as i did in the video with the "TEST_TAG”)

That's only to filter the contacts that will (and should) receive your message. Otherwise, EVERY contact that has interacted with you in the last 24h will receive that message. 

Okay got it! Now my issue is I don’t see any option for Broadcast on my homepage.

Okay got it! Now my issue is I don’t see any option for Broadcast on my homepage.

Oh...ok… You could open a ticket to check if it is possible to apply that to your account… but it would take too long.

In the meantime... you could go to the Live Chat and filter the contacts that now have the Tag you created:

Much more work, but this should do the trick… 🙃

Is there a video on this? Also, I tagged everyone like you said but it’s only saying 286 contacts but over 800 commented so not sure what’s up there.

Is there a video on this? Also, I tagged everyone like you said but it’s only saying 286 contacts but over 800 commented so not sure what’s up there.

It's probably because of two things:

1. They commented, bud didn't continue in the flow (no 24h window was opened).
  2. It's been more than 24h since the last message/ interaction with the contacts.

*More info about the 24h Rulehttps://manychat.com/resources/video-course/how-to-use-instagram-automation-by-manychat/instagram-automation-24-hour-rule-explained

Meta (Instagram) has some harsh limitation with other tools/apps and Manychat must “dance their music” with this kind of limitations…

I dare to say (from personal experience) that everybody using this kind of tools and automations will face such problems regarding bugs or limitations many times. 🫠

Everything is in constant evolution. It shouldn't, but became “normal” to things like this happen sometimes.

Hope you still get to contact as many users as possible and deliver your material! 🙏😁

Okay, thanks. How do I send a message to them from the live chat?

Okay, thanks. How do I send a message to them from the live chat?

1. Go to Live Chat 
  2. Select the contact you want to send something
    - You can filter by tag or other conditions at the filter icon on the top of the list
  3. Write/Paste the content you want to send to the contact