Skip to main content
Solved

How to receive audios?

• 16 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I have a Heygen account with an AI avatar. To facilitate video creation, I want to:

1. Send an audio file from Telegram to ManyChat.
  2. Send the audio file to Make.
  3. Have Make send the audio file to Heygen to create a video.
  4. Have Heygen return the video file to ManyChat.

The Make part is working fine, but this is my first time using ManyChat and I'm having trouble configuring it to receive the audio file as a custom field to send to Make. I've only found options for text fields. Is it possible to receive an audio file from a user and save it for later use in the flow? Thank you.

Unfortunately, you cannot receive audio files on Telegram at the moment with Manychat. So you won’t be able to create this automation.

There are two things that you can do:

1. Submit an Idea (https://community.manychat.com/ideas) for Manychat, and people can upvote it
  2. Create this automation via WhatsApp or Facebook. On these channels, you can receive audio files by using the User Input and setting the Reply Type to “File”.

Does that help?

Unfortunately, you cannot receive audio files on Telegram at the moment with Manychat. So you won’t be able to create this automation.

There are two things that you can do:

1. Submit an Idea (https://community.manychat.com/ideas) for Manychat, and people can upvote it
  2. Create this automation via WhatsApp or Facebook. On these channels, you can receive audio files by using the User Input and setting the Reply Type to “File”.

Does that help?

Yes, helps very much.

@Joren Wouters 

2 - Create this automation via WhatsApp or Facebook. On these channels, you can receive audio files by using the User Input and setting the Reply Type to “File”.

Could you make a video in your Youtube channel or send to us the link showing how to do this ? I mean get the audio from user message on whatsapp inside Manychat.   

tks!

@Paulo Linhares Here you go: https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t4748501/cf85586f-5f14-480b-ab8d-b668a1ec5153/screen-recording-2024-06-20-18:13.webm

Very Nice. But I found a limitation here. I can't listem the events(inputs) in the same time ? 
1 - If I put the User Input File And User Input Text in the same time the doesn't know witch must be call to take a decision. 
2 - And if I put an User Input File , the flow stay waiting for this type of message. Its means if the user send the Text message it doesn't works, even if I put the retry 0 times.
3 - As you can see in the image, I also can't leave the input field empty (without any text).

Witch problem I need to solve: I need to listen any entry from the user on Whatsapp, so it can be a text or file (audio, document or image) and send this entrance to my webhook, only there I will see what kind data is it (text or file ) . 

Can you give me some light ? 

What you could try to do is the following:

1. Create a Default Reply
  2. In your Default Reply, create an action that sets a custom field to {Last Text Input}
  3. Check if the custom field contains a File link if someone uploads a file

Hey guys I have this feature request for this issue:

@Joren Wouters I also have a convo on the Educators Slack about this, I’m going to tag you ;)