Skip to main content

I read I could use a Messenger chatbot to bulk private message my group members after downloading a CSV of my group member’s IDs (and all their profile info), using a the Group Extractor Chrome extension. Does anyone know anything about this? Next step? Thanks! 

No, first, we need to obtain permission via ManyChat's opt-in system, and then we can send broadcast messages to them. Otherwise, there is a high chance of getting your account banned.

Thanks. I was thinking there was may more to this! 😉 Do you know how to obtain this permission? Are you referring to setting up automations where the members opt-in to receiving a broadcast message? If so, that defeats the purpose/goal as I’m trying to get around needing to have each member individually interact with me to opt-in to receiving a broadcast message. I appreciate your insight! 

In Messenger and IG, you need each subscriber to individually interact to get opt-in. And then, they have to subscribe to the Messenger List (not only interact, but actively opt-in to your list). For IG, there was a Beta for IG DM Lists, but they’re not accepting new accounts at the moment, so there’s no way to create broadcasts in IG.

The only channels where you can import users and start bulk messaging them are:

• Whatsapp -  you can do this through Whatsapp Templates
  • SMS
  • Email

Hope this helps.

Thanks Gustavo! :)