Skip to main content
Solved

How do I set up collecting email addresses to Google sheets?

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Dear all,

I’m trying to collect email addresses from my IG DM to a Google sheet. I have done the integration and all but can’t seem to find the “User input” that all the YouTube videos I have watched keep talking about. 

I’ve literally been scouring the internet for this information for the past two hours. The videos I find on YouTube are from 7 months ago and older and don’t have the same interface I have (I guess it’s now updated). 

I’d really appreciate any help here. 

Thanks. 

This is where I’m missing it.

5 replies

Im having the same issue .. I have had hundreds of responses with emails but cannot find the emails anywhere! Please let me know if you find anything )):

Userlevel 2

@TemiAjibewa @sierramendex 

Here’s the screenshot for you to show you:

The second last option “User input” you need to choose to collect email.

Userlevel 2

And here’s how you can send email data to google sheet:

Step 1: Connect Google sheet by going to Manychat settings > integration > Google sheet

Step 2: After that go to your email flow and then add a action tab after the email collection message.

Step 3: and in that action tab select Google sheet > update row and do the needful. 

Step 4 : Don't forget to connect that action tab with the next message you're sending.

But I would highly recommend to not send email data to google sheet and then add people manually to your email platform, instead automate it through manychat integrations or through make or zapier.

I hope you got the answer. @TemiAjibewa @sierramendex  

Thank you very much @tejasagja 
I see where I was getting it wrong now.

I was using the “As Comment Reply”, not “within 24 hours window”.

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 2

Thank you very much @tejasagja 
I see where I was getting it wrong now.

I was using the “As Comment Reply”, not “within 24 hours window”.

Thank you very much.

You’re most welcome @TemiAjibewa --- Use comment reply option only on the first message of comment reply flow, other than that you can use the “within 24 hours window” option.