Skip to main content

Instagram automation not working

My instagram automations (sending a DM to someone that comments with a keyword) have all stopped working. 

Only a small fraction of people that comment the keyword from any of my automations are getting the DM. I can see in the comments only a handful out of a hundred are getting the automated comment back and the DM - the rest of the people using the exact same keyword aren’t getting the comment response or DM. 

I’ve tried messaging with someone from MC support and they keep sending me the same instructions to refresh permissions - which I do - and nothing seems to be working. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

it’s the first time? have it worked well before? 

Userlevel 1

Yeah this is the first time. All day today same issue. I’ve used manychat and the same type of automation since last summer and it’s worked all of this time. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Well. Refresh permissions is always the best thing to do. If you are familiar with you facebook settings, it will be nice to take a look there as well. 

if you don’t mind, send me a link of your automation to test it 

having the exact same issue. Was working find for 4-6 months and now it just doesnt work. Did you find a solution?

Did you solve this? I have the same problem. Help! All just stopped. 

Thank you!

Hello, same problem for me: I can’t see anymore comments when people use the word “link”, that is to say nearly all my comments…

I have deleted everything, I have deleted automation and even my manychat account, but the problem remains.

The only solution I see is to delete my instagram account and make another one (and speak about manychat on my other 330k followers account to explain people to never install this $ù$#ing app)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi folks! Try this...

Right after the triggers, insert an Action with the "Instagram Opt-In”.

Hi folks! Try this...

Right after the triggers, insert an Action with the "Instagram Opt-In”.

Hi, I saw this feature but didn’t find out how it works. Can you explain it please!

First time doing automations and they didn't work. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out. I created 3 different automations for the same reel. Is there anyone that can assist?

I have this same issue. Automations that I have set up months ago suddenly stopped working so I know the problem is not in my setup. So frustrating anyone knows what’s going on? 

Userlevel 2

Try removing your page and then add it once again, make sure it’ll delete all the contacts, so backup them if it’s imp for you! @laurenelyce @jrpower @Minname @Christelle017 @fgaulke @jennifermoona @regi @Jannina Emila