Solved

Paypal Payment Methods

• 29 March 2024
  • 4 replies

• Rising Conversationalist
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone! 

I’m using the Paypal Integration for selling an Ebook. I have an issue that here in Austria, one of the payment methods (Sofort) is not directly charged like a Credit Card, so Paypal doesn’t send the webhook, and Manychat can’t send the product that has been bought. The product is paid, but it only takes a bit of more time before the money is transfered to the Paypal account. I would like to disable this Payment method in the smart button or let Manychat react to another webhook so that the customer directly get the product. I can’t find this solution anywhere in the dashboard or somewhere else. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

icon

Best answer by Frank 29 March 2024, 12:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You won’t be able to set this in Manychat.

I’d try to do it in Paypal, see if that’s possible.

If not, you’ll need to have something custom developed to take care of these cases for you.

Hi @Gustavo Boregio, thanks so much for your answer! Ok, for the Integration on the website we can send a "disable-funding" parameter to paypal in the script tag, but I think it’s not possible to change the Manychat script tag right? 

Thanks again and have a great day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Frank I’m 99.9% sure that you won’t be able to customize this - Manychat’s integration to Paypal is ‘as is’ and we can’t make any adjustments to it. You’ll have to process this on your own website, then capture the webhooks and sync with Manychat to continue delivery.

But you can check with Manychat’s customer support to make sure and see if they have a workaround.

@Gustavo Boregio thanks for you help! Then I’ll set it up like this. Would love to have it all processed in the messenger, but it looks like it doesn’t work. Will try the customer support and otherwise maybe switch to stripe. Thanks!