Solved

Smart Delay not working for Instagram DMs

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there, hoping for some quick assistance! Below is my flow – for the life of me, I cannot make the Smart Delay work. What am I doing wrong?

Here is how my flow is working: 

1- Comment on IG Post to DM

2- DM requests an email address.

3- Once received, email is added to Mailchimp + email including resources is sent out via the email feature within ManyChat.

4- If no response, SMART DELAY and then re-ask for email. Except Smart Delay isn’t working, sigh! 

Thank you so much in advance for any help and insight! 🙂

icon

Best answer by Gustavo Boregio 24 April 2024, 00:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Katelynn , you’ve set this up wrong.

After the ‘if the contact has not responded’ option, you do not need a smart delay (actually you should not use a smart delay there at all).

If you click the user input block, you’ll see that you have an option to set when the user input expires. After that time it’ll trigger the red bubble and whatever is connected to it. This is where you should set the delay that you want to wait for the response.

Also, on a separate note, your ‘Send Message #3’ will never work. There’s a 24 hours rule, so if you try to send them something after 24 hours from the last interaction, Instagram will block this message.

YOU ARE THE MVP @Gustavo Boregio !!! Thank you so much for your help – this worked, and I appreciate you giving me a heads up with the 1 Day IG rule! Thank you x one million! 🙌

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Happy to help @Katelynn ;)